Mozzarella, Halloumi, Feta and More
Turn your hand to making your own Continental and International style fresh cheeses.
This two day course is ideal for anyone wishing to expand their knowledge of pasta filata style cheeses and progresses from our Introduction to Cheesemaking day.
With a range of discussions, tastings and practical sessions explore various cheese types and learn how they are produced. Throughout the course you will:
• Explore the importance of milk composition
• Learn the difference between raw and pasteurised milk
• Discuss the role of rennets and starters
• Produce mozzarella
• Produce ricotta
• Produce paneer
• Produce halloumi
• Produce feta
• Learn about the maturation process, the many variables involved and the effect they can have on the texture and taste of a final cheese.
Prior experience of cheesemaking is useful but not essential for this course.
If you would like to discuss the suitability of this course please telephone the School on 01909 532 171.
Raw milk and animal rennet are used to produce cheese on this course.
This course includes light refreshments and informal lunches.
All ingredients, equipment and recipes are provided by the School.
- Explore Delve deeper into the fascinating world of artisan food and drink. Master complex techniques and forgotten methods on these two to five day practical courses.
- 2 Days