Advanced Bread Baking
Extend your baking repertoire and develop new skills with this professional four-day course developed for existing bakers, chefs, business start-ups and advanced home bakers.
This comprehensive course explores a wide variety of the artisan bread making process with the expert guidance of Wayne Caddy, the UK's representative at the baking Coup de Monde.
Throughout this intensive four-day practical course you will cover a range of topics and techniques including:
- Professional recipes, ingredients and formulas
- The importance of ingredients and raw materials
- Yeasted pre-ferments
- Wild yeast cultures
- Professional bread mixing methods, including double hydrated dough & Autolyse technique
- Bulk fermentation and folding
- Hand shaping and moulding techniques
- Dividing and scaling
- Using multi-speed spiral mixers and stone bed deck ovens
- Advanced decoration bread stencils
- Traditional razor blade techniques for scoring
- Wet doughs
- Calculating final dough temperature and its importance
- Oven management, loading and unloading ovens
- Working with fruit and grain soaker inclusions
- Building a sourdough from scratch
Wayne will share his decades of experience as you create a selection of artisan breads including:
- Ciabatta with biga
- Traditional baguettes with poolish and levain
- Pain de campagne
- Sourdough and Levain breads
- Beer barm bread
- Olive & Gruyere bread
- Grain and fruit soaker loaves
- Apple & sultana hot cross buns
- Rye breads
- Fruited malt breads
This course will take place at the School of Artisan Food with all breads baked in professional stone based deck ovens. All breads produced on the course are available to take home along with recipes and technical notes.
This course includes refreshments and informal lunches.
"Brilliant! Loved it! Learnt and had so much fun. Thank you Wayne Caddy."