Introduction to Artisan Cider Making
Discover the art of making your own delicious cider and perry on this one-day course for beginners.
Spend the day with cider producer Simon Reed learning how to make real cider and perry. This one-day course is suitable for beginners who are interested in making real cider and perry at home and for those wanting to develop the use of apples and pears on their farm or small holding.
This course will cover the following:
- History, heritage and traditions of cider and perry making
- An overview of the various varieties of apples and pears used for making cider and perry
- Choice and use of equipment
- Milling and pressing of apples and pears
- Fermentation and maturation
- Bottling and storage.
All ingredients, equipment and recipes are provided by the School.
You are welcome to bring along your own apples and pears for Simon to identify and depending on the variety use for cider and perry making.
This course includes refreshments and an informal lunch.
‘Really great enjoyable day – fulfilled all expectations.’
‘Excellent, superb, amazing food, drink and the people are so friendly.’
- Brewing and Beverages
- Get into Roll up your sleeves and develop your artisan skills with our Get Into courses. Learn the fundamental techniques of producing your very own artisan food and drink, with our range of one, two and three day courses.
- 1 Day (10:00am - 4:00pm)
- Simon Reed