Authentic wood-fired pizza is the ultimate and original fast food, but pizza-making at a professional level takes time and skill to master.
This comprehensive hands on course has been developed for existing bakers, chefs, food-business start-ups and advanced home bakers who want to learn how to produce authentic Neapolitan-style pizzas.
Tutor and expert baker Wayne Caddy has travelled to Italy to learn how to produce ‘vera pizza’. He will share his expertise as you create a range of authentic pizzas in a wood fired oven and in a stone-based deck oven. This professional level one day course will cover:
- Professional recipes and formulas
- The importance of ingredients, in particular flour types, tomato varieties and cheese selection
- Pizza bases and different yeasts in dough production
- Professional mixing methods
- Dividing and scaling
- Hand shaping and pinning techniques
- Traditional and contemporary pizza toppings
- Oven management; from firing of wood-fired ovens to loading and unloading
This course will take place at The School where pizzas will be baked in professional stone based deck ovens, as well as a mobile wood-fired oven.
Refreshments will be available throughout the day, as well as a buffet style lunch prepared by our team of chefs. All ingredients, equipment and recipes will be provided.
The School of Artisan Food makes a conscious effort to reduce waste and packaging. We welcome students to bring their own containers to transport their food home.
This course is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.