We are looking for an experienced baker to steer our small crew alongside our Head Baker. Previous professional experience is essential, we hope to find a baker who has 2 years + experience in similar sourdough or long fermented bakeries
We are looking for an experienced baker to steer our small crew alongside our Head Baker. Previous professional experience is essential, we hope to find a baker who has 2 years + experience in similar sourdough or long fermented bakeries.
We need you to have a passion for fermentation, an understanding of levain and the effects of the seasons, a desire to continue learning everyday, the ability to share your knowledge, ideas and creativity and to motivate yourself to improve.
You will be:
- in love with all things sourdough
- detail orientated and a little bit obsessed about refining your - techniques, consistency and learning new things
- an efficient and a clean worker
- a morning person!
- able to slot into a team and also motivate yourself for more
- mindful of ingredients costs and wastage
- inspired by other part so the world of food and able to bring
your inspiration and ideas to work
We will be:
- open to your ideas and experience
- happy to teach you as much as we can
- an employer who is committed to improving themselves and - their staff
- a welcoming and hardworking part of the community
- mixing savoury and sweet doughs, sourdough and yeasted
- hand scaling and shaping all our doughs
- bake shifts and oven work
- veg and fruit prep for bread products
- teaching new and junior members of staff
- managing junior staff in the absence of the Head Baker
- daily and deep cleaning
- helping with seasonal and product development
- occasional markets and pop ups
Regular shifts are 5am-2pm, or 7am-4pm, including weekend days.