An exciting part-time opportunity to join the School team.
The successful candidate will join The School of Artisan Food’s hospitality team which plans, cooks and serves its famous lunches, as well as hosts events.
The School of Artisan Food is a world-renowned, award-winning education provider and registered charity training a new generation of food producers.
Based on the historic Welbeck Estate in North Nottinghamshire, The School of Artisan Food is a not-for-profit institution committed to providing the widest possible access to its facilities.
The role requires 16 hours to be worked two days a week, including weekends. The role encompass mainly daytime hours between 08:00 and 17:00.
Catering for courses and events. Duties include:
• Prepare and serve delicious freshly made, seasonal meals and refreshments
• Produce a range of products including jams, chutneys and preserves
• Assist with new recipe development, menus and costings
Hosting of courses and events. Duties include:
• Meet and greet attendees and guests
• Provide a point of contact for enquiries
Maintaining food hygiene and safety standards. Duties include:
• Complete kitchen diary, record non-compliances and any corrective actions taken and report any issues
• Complete kitchen opening and closing checks
• Follow procedures for correct control and handling of allergens
• Care and correct usage of catering equipment
Maintain high housekeeping standards. Duties include:
• Laundry and ironing
• Restock refreshments and hygiene supplies
General duties include:
• Dealing with customer enquiries
• Taking an active role in further developing the hospitality offer
• Key holder
• First aider - Training Provided
• Fire Warden/Fire Marshall - Training Provided
Applications can be made by submitting CV and covering letter to [email protected]