Experience of working with food and drink? This full-time role could be your next career move.
The School of Artisan Food is a world renowned, award-winning education provider and registered charity training a new generation of food producers.
An exciting full time opportunity has arisen for a Course Supervisor to join the award-winning School team, to support the succesful course delivery. This full-time role (40 hours per-week) will work five days per-week (Monday-Sunday inclusive).
Based on the Welbeck Estate in North Nottinghamshire, The School of Artisan Food is a unique training provider, attracting students from around the world to a wide range of food production courses. The School of Artisan Food is a registered charity and as a not-for-profit institution is committed to providing the widest possible access to its facilities.
The School has a vacancy for a full-time Course Supervisor to support the delivery of the School’s full-time qualifications, short course and bespoke events programme. This position is a fantastic opportunity for individuals with experience and interest in food to further their career, in a fascinating, fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the School’s team of Course Assistants in maintaining the School’s good reputation and high standards in the delivery of courses and events, by facilitating preparation for courses and providing in-class support to visiting tutors, completing relevant administrative duties and taking responsibility for the School’s training rooms, equipment and supplies.
To provide a high standard of technical support to course tutors, ensuring an efficient service to staff, students and course participants alike. To be responsible for the administration and set-up of training rooms for courses and bespoke events which includes weekends. The successful applicant will also be responsible for maintaining housekeeping, hygiene and food safety standards within training rooms and stores.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience and skills in a customer facing environment
• Experience in a front of house, team leader or restaurant management role would be an advantage
• Experience of purchasing and supplier liaison
• An interest in artisan food, drink and cookery with a good level of technical skill. An understanding and experience in artisan food production would be an advantage.
• Able and willing to work as part of a team.
• Organised and efficient; able to handle several duties simultaneously, prioritising effectively as appropriate.
• Confident, with good communication and interpersonal skills. Must have a good working knowledge of Excel and Word.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• This role reports to the Course Manager and Operations Director
• Line management of a team of Course Assistants
• To assist and provide practical support to tutors in classes as required
• Working with the Course Manager, to ensure the successful delivery of The School of Artisan Food’s course activity to provide an exceptional student experience.
• In conjunction with the Course Manager, to manage staffing rotas and assign day-to-day tasks and duties to Course Assistants.
• To work strategically with the Course Manager to develop and implement management systems to ensure greater forward planning.
• To be responsible for procurement for all course activity, control of stock and to minimise waste.
• To help facilitate training of Course Assistants and to be responsible for delivering exceptional customer service.
• To facilitate high-levels of food hygiene as well as health and safety standards in course delivery, including but not limited to the training rooms, ingredient and equipment stores, chillers and freezers.
• To support the Course Manager and Operations Director in new business development, including the development of new short courses and a bespoke offer.
• To support the Directors in further developing The School of Artisan Food’s reputation in industry and among key stakeholders.
Please apply by email to [email protected] including your CV and a covering letter.