Best Food Forward - For Health and Medical Professionals
9:30 Arrival, registration and refreshments
9:45 Course starts
13:00 - 14:00 Lunch
16:00 Course finishes
Best Food Forward - For Health and Medical Professionals is a day long course based at The School of Artisan Food. It is a full day, CPD-certified session that incorporates practical and theoretical learning about food and how it relates to your role in healthcare.
This course is designed for healthcare and medical professionals, with an interest in the role food has in supporting health and well-being. Together, we will explore how food impacts human health and the environment, barriers to eating well, practical food skills, behaviour change techniques and clinical case studies.
1) Understand your own experiences with food and how this can impact the way in which you talk to your patients.
2) Learn sensible ways of eating from simple and healthy food.
3) Have an opportunity to explore conflicting nutrition messages, including faddy food “cures”.
4) Learn how simple food skills, such as preparation, planning and reading food labels can support achieving a healthy diet.
5) Connect and learn from your colleagues about their experiences discussing food, weight and diets with their patients.
6) Learn the importance of patient-centred goals and tailored action plans when discussing food.
Find out more via the Best Food Forward website: click here
There is a minimum number of delegates required to run this course, our administration team will be in touch if the course is unable to run.
Tell us a bit about yourself
We'd love to hear more about you, your professional background and why you have signed up for this course. Once you've booked on, please send a brief introduction to email@example.com