The School of Artisan Food is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
- What information we collect
- What we do with the information we collect
- How we store your information
- Links to third party websites
- Information collected for competitions
- Social media
- When you contact us directly
- Access to personal information
What information we collect
We may collect the following information:
- First name and surname
- contact information including email address, postal address, postcode, contact telephone number
- dietary requirements and allergies
- access information
- academic history
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we collect
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping in relation to course bookings
- We may use the information to improve our courses and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new courses, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We do not share data with third party businesses and organisations
How we store your information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to third party websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at [email protected]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of your data held by the School please write to The School of Artisan Food, Lower Motor Yard, Welbeck, Nottinghamshire, S80 3LR or email [email protected]
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to, or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Information collected for competitions
When you enter competitions held by The School of Artisan Food, we may collect your name, email address and postcode. We will retain this information for three months after the competition has closed. After which, the information will be deleted responsibly.
You will also be given the opportunity to opt-in to future emails from us. We store this in a secure database unless you withdraw consent. If you withdraw consent it will be deleted within a month.
When you contact us directly
Phone contact -
We do not collect caller line identification information when you phone us. We will only collect personal information that you consent to provide to us in order to respond to your query.
Email contact -
When you contact us via email, we will retain your email and our response to it for as long as the business issue remains. After this, the information will be confidentially destroyed.
Written contact -
When you contact us via post, we will retain your letter/postal address/personal information and our response to it for as long as the business issue remains. After this, the information will be confidentially destroyed.
Access to personal information
The School of Artisan Food tries to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making an 'right of access' request under the General Data Protection Regulations. If we do hold information about you we will:
- Give you a description of it;
- Tell you why we are holding it;
- Tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- Let you have a copy of the information
As this policy is under regular review, you may wish to check it each time you submit personal information.
How to contact us